Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Yoga School

I had my first yoga class the other day and learned so much. There are 10 students ranging from 22-66 years old. The class is so diverse which makes it so much fun! Every woman has a different background and is there for a different reason but we all share one thing in common. Through yoga we want to form a community, learn about balance, create energy, and use the mind, body, and spirit to change our lives and the lives of others. Some want to learn yoga so they can teach (aka me) and others want to learn yoga so they can have a daily practice on their own with an understanding of what they are doing. Hannelore, my Yoga Teacher made us a delicious lunch, something I have never had before it was called Kitcheree: rice with mung-dal beans and veggies...very good! We were in class from 9am-5:45pm it was a long day but I could have stayed there all week. We all grew stronger as a group and I can't wait for our next class....until then I'll be practicing my Mountain, warrior, and half moon.

No comments:

Post a Comment