Thursday, May 6, 2010

The Results are in! I FINALLY DID IT!

I won the two awards I have ALWAYS dreamed of winning and it was perfect.  This was my 5th year competing for Miss New Hampshire and every year it has been my goal not only to win Miss NH but to walk away with the community service awards.
Well this year I did not win Miss NH but  I won the Miss America Community Service Award AND the Miss New Hampshire Meg Geraghty Memorial Community Service Award.  I walked away with $4,000 in scholarships which is phenomenal!  These two awards meant the world to me and to me represent more than the title of Miss New Hampshire ever could.

The Meg Geraghty Memorial Community Service Award is awarded to the contestant whose community service resume reflects a broad and diverse set of volunteer efforts.  This contestant will have worked extensively throughout her community on a variety of community service projects on a volunteer basis.  Meg Served for many years as the ED of the Miss NH Program, during the Union Leader's 54 year sponsorship of the program.  Mrs. Geraghty was the "Family Page" editor in the newspaper until she retired in the late 1980's.  She passed away in June of 2007.  The award comes with a $1,000 Scholarship.

I spent hours putting my book together!  I had to write about every volunteer effort I did and submit 12 pages of supporting documents like letters and pictures.  I am honored to receive both of these awards as it represents my commitment to my platform and service.  I love what I do!  I am so happy I was able to serve as Miss Manchester and guess what I still have appearances!  It's not over yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment