Friday, September 4, 2009

Only 1 more week until I am no longer Miss Lakes Region

There is only one more week left of Alicia Rossman Miss Lakes Region 2009. I had such a great year with Wayne and Debbie my directors! I really felt great this year at Miss New Hampshire and was thrilled to be in the top 5. I couldn't have done it with out their help. I have competed for 4 years now and have won probably over $40,000 now....I have to get the exact tally. The program has helped me tremendously in terms of scholarship and also it has helped me be a better person in society. I have learned how to represent myself with class and will never forget all of the lessons I have learned from the program. I will also never forget all of the volunteers who have touched my life in some way or another. There are hundreds of volunteers for the Miss NH program and I really am thankful for all of their support.

It has been a long and hard 4 years...competing isn't easy. It takes dedication, respect, and drive. I only have one more year left to make it happen. I have decided to give it one more shot! I would really be thankful for the opportunity to volunteer for an entire year to not only work on my platform but really reach out to the entire New Hampshire community at events across the state. It would be an honor and I am going to try my best to make it happen. The first step started on September 1st! My work outs.....begin again. I have a great trainer and know I will be in top shape by November 28th, my first competition. I have a list of goals and count downs for the 28th, but I can't give away all my secrets! Well I guess one more- I want to work on my platform once a week!

Ok....and I can't wait for the New England States Conference. It will be a great opportunity to network with professionals from all over America who have a common interest! I can't wait for the hair seminar! I need a new doo. There are going to be so many special guests like Mary Morin, Kriss Soterion, Dana Rosengard, MISS AMERICA, Rick Brinkley..........people I can't wait to see! It's going to be an exciting weekend.

No comments:

Post a Comment