Monday, March 30, 2009

My Song

My song was picked a bit late for no other reason than the fact that I wanted the perfect song for Miss NH this year. I was looking for a song that really spoke to who Alicia Rossman is for this year’s competition. I ended up hearing the song on the radio and at that very moment knew I had to sing it at Miss New Hampshire. The song is called I Was Here written and performed by Country's Hottest New Band LADY ANTEBELLUM! If you haven't heard them yet, you should absolutely buy their CD they are truly the hottest thing in country right now and have amazing songs. http://ladyantebellum.com/

The lead singer of the band actually wrote this song and sang it at her high school graduation and then later on she became famous and Lady Antebellum was asked to produce the song I Was Here for TEAM AMERICA'S Olympic theme song. They were also asked to be the theme song in the Breast Cancer Walk media commercials. Anyway...I knew I had to sing the song the moment I heard it because it goes like this: It's almost like I went to Nashville and sat down with a song writer. We sat down to chat over lunch about my life story and a week later the writer sent me the song he wrote for me! Cool story! It's not true but the song is really like my theme song that I could wake up to every day and jam to.

This song is the perfect song and I can't wait to sing it for the judges on Thursday night. Come see the show Thursday night to cheer for me during talent. The show starts at 7:00 on April 30th I will also be competing in On-Stage Question that night. Get your tickets at: http://www.missnh.org/

Lyrics: I Was Here
You will notice me
I'll be leavin' my mark,
like initials carved in an old oak tree you wait and see
maybe I'll write like Twain wrote
cure the common cold
I don't know but I'm ready to start cuz I know in my heart

I wanna do something that matters
say something different
something that sets the whole world on its ear
I wanna do something better, with the time I’ve been given
and I wanna try and leave nothing less than something that says I was here

I will prove you wrong
if you think I’m all talk,
your in for a shock cuz this dreams too strong, and before too long
maybe I'll compose symphonies
cuz I know it's my destiny to leave more that a trace of myself in this place

I wanna do something that matters
say something different
something that sets the whole world on its ear
I wanna do something better, with the time I’ve been given
And you’ll see that I, I’ll leave nothing less than something that says I was here

No comments:

Post a Comment